BTT & DANFOSS: PUBLIC CALL FOR BLOCKCHAIN PROJECTS
Danfoss Trata Slovenia and Blockchain Think Tank Slovenia made an agreement to collaborate on a joint project, aimed at identifying blockchain companies and projects in the wider region, that are developing technological solutions within the energy industry.
1. PUBLIC CALL
Following the agreement between BTT and Danfoss, we’re publishing Trading platform across the energy sector: Public Call for Blockchain Projects. The scope of this public call is to explore opportunities within the trading platform across energy sectors. The platform should have a possibility to support trading of heating, cooling, power and gas on a city (municipality) level. Stakeholders who are involved in the trading platform are energy companies (utilities), residents as consumers, industrial consumers and prosumers (industrial, commercial and individual).
2. MAIN GOAL OF THE PROJECT
The goal of this project is to select companies, that will carry out pilot projects together with Danfoss Trata and at the end evaluate possibilities for a collaborative partnership with this global company.
The public call will address Slovenian and foreign companies (Italy, Austria, Portugal, Italy, Croatia, etc.) that are developing or have already developed functioning solutions in the energy field.
3. THE COURSE OF THE PROJECT
The course of the project will be as follows:
- PUBLIC CALL: interested companies are invited to submit descriptions of their technological solutions. Danfoss guidelines / minimal requirements for registered technological solutions will be further specified.
- SELECTION OF APPLICANTS: from all the companies that will provide descriptions of their technological solutions, Danfoss and Blockchain Think Tank representatives will select projects (5–7) with the biggest potential for a pilot project and for a potential long-term collaboration.
- HACKATHON: planned on February 6th and 7th, the selected projects will be invited to a two-day hackathon, which will take place in Ljubljana, at Danfoss’ premises. The aim of the hackathon will be testing companies’ technological solutions together with Danfoss representatives and in the end, presenting them to the Danfoss expert commission.
- PILOT PROJECT(S): The registered solutions that are closest to the company’s digital strategy and make the most practical technological and economical implementation in Danfoss business processes, will be selected by the Danfoss’ expert commission.
4. HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
To register and submit your proposal, please send your contact name, e-mail and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an e-mail with an activation link to the Danfoss online platform and details on how to submit your proposal.
5. KEY DATES
- 16th December 2019: Danfoss platform closes for new proposals
- 9th January 2020: Danfoss and Blockchain Think Tank Slovenia pick max 20 proposals that be will be asked to give a 3 minutes pitch on-line
- 6th-7th February 2020: 5–7 proposals will be selected and teams invited to Ljubljana for a 2 days Hackathon.
Each company is expected to bring a team of 3–4 people to the Hackathon.
6. WHAT ABOUT YOUR DATA?
When your proposal is submitted it will be visible to a few people at Danfoss and Blockchain Think Tank Slovenia and the content will only be used to evaluate the idea. We will not use the content for any other purposes, and it will be deleted after the end of the competition.
If you proceed to the hackathon you must be prepared to pitch your proposal to all the participants. All participants will have to sign a mutual agreement to respect each other’s intellectual property rights and confidential information.
We will protect your personal data under GDPR.
7. MOVING ON
More details will be given when you register.
Danfoss has the right but not also an obligation to decide, whether one or more projects will be picked to start a pilot project or any other form of business cooperation with Danfoss.
Danfoss will provide a platform to which interested companies will be submitting descriptions of their technological solutions.
8. WHAT IS DANFOSS?
Danfoss is a Danish-based and family-owned international company that leads in areas of climate & energy, food and infrastructure by engineering tomorrow. Danfoss Trata Ltd., operating in Slovenia, is a global Danfoss District Energy competence centre for the business development, product portfolio development, R&D and management of the entire global supply chain. Danfoss is not only aware of the challenges that digital transformation in Industry 4.0 brings but is also monitoring the development of new technologies (Blockchain, the Internet of Things, Big data) and adapts its business strategy to new market opportunities.
We’re looking forward to your questions!
If you have questions before you register, please email Peter Merc email@example.com.